Currently, I am …
- Trying to remember what I was doing before I left on the trip
- Drinking coffee
- Feeling all over the place
- Aiming to get organized
My grandpa is doing better. When I left him he was playing Bingo at the Veteran’s Hospital. They’d moved him down from emergency, but he has to stay at the hospital until they finish his antibiotics treatment. He should be headed home to my grandma soon.
During the trip I …
- Went to my dentist (yes my dentist is in PR) and finally got my tooth fixed. It had been bothering me for months and I didn’t get a chance to go on my last visit.
- Finally got my hair cut. I’m still trying to decide if I like it. However, it’s nice to have shorter hair again. It was down to my lower back and now it’s at my shoulders.
- Got to spend time with my mom and grandma and of course my grandpa. We went to see him every day.
It was an unexpected/unplanned trip, but I’m always grateful to spend time with my family. I’m incredibly relieved that my grandpa’s doing better. So it turned out to be a pretty nice trip in the end.
And now I’m back in Lyon, where the weather is a bit gloomy. I know I’m getting old because the flying absolutely killed me. I ache everywhere. Ah, youth. Where did it go?
In other news…
As I was packing to leave for PR, I received an email from Karman at AfterEllen asking if they could feature my Lost Girl recaps at AE, and of course I said yes. So you’ll be seeing more Lost Girl coverage from me both here and there.
Open Blog Monday is still happening, so send me your links/videos/announcements/etc. and I will be happy to post them. A few of you emailed me about future projects. Whenever you’re ready to announce them, just send them my way.
- Lost Girl recap 1.07: Tomorrow or Wednesday
- Rizzoli & Isles Twitter: Tomorrow (assuming there’s a scene tonight. I haven’t checked the feed this week).
- Las Aparicio recap: Thursday
I’d aimed to make November National Novel Editing Month so I could get TBSOL prepped and ready, but half the month is gone and I’ve barely managed to get through the first chapter. So I think I have failed at NaNoEdMo. All the same, Project: Edit TBSOL is very much at the top of my priority list.
Rayne, Writing, etc.
I’m trying to find a good balance between writing recaps, editing TBSOL, writing Rayne, other projects, helping to empty K’s dad’s house, assorted family emergencies, trips, and general life stuff. One of these days, I’ll get it all figured out.
But enough about me… how’s everyone doing?